When you leave a share of your estate to Franciscan Mission Associates, you practice the Works of Mercy.
- You feed the hungry, and clothe the naked in your own country and in the mission lands under the care of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate Conception Province.
- You educate for the priesthood and the religious life future friars who will work in our own country and abroad in the missions for the glory of God and the betterment of mankind.
- You support the religious and charitable programs and activities of the friars, brothers, students and postulants of Immaculate Conception Province who have no other means but those provided by your generosity.
- You assure the consolation of the Sacraments and our holy religion to those in need.
- You comfort and counsel the poor and the bewildered.
In Making a Bequest to Franciscan Mission Associates in Your Will
- Remember the legal title, "Franciscan Mission Associates, Friars Minor of the Order of St. Francis."
- Our principal office is located in New York, NY. Although we are nationally known as "Franciscan Mission Associates," the legal title above is more accurate for descriptive purposes.
- The preferred form of legal bequest is, "I bequeath to Franciscan Mission Associates, Friars Minor of the Order of St. Francis, the sum of $____, to be used for the purposes for which it was established."
The following spiritual benefits accrue to you when you remember Franciscan Mission Associates in your will:
- Your name is enrolled at once in our Golden Memorial Book of Permanent Benefactors of Franciscan Mission Associates enshrined perpetually at its headquarters.
- As a Permanent Benefactor you are remembered in all the holy Masses, solemn novenas, and frequent spiritual exercises scheduled throughout the year by Franciscan Mission Associates for the intentions of its members.
- You are remembered each day in the Masses offered by the Director of Franciscan Mission Associates, in the Masses of our Franciscan missionaries laboring in Central America, and in the prayers of the mission children.
- Upon notification of death a special mass will be offered for your eternal repose as soon as possible.
- As a Permanent Member of Franciscan Mission Associates you will also automatically merit enrollment at once as a perpetual member of the Franciscan Benefactors Association and, in addition, as a perpetual member of the Franciscan Missionary Union with all the spiritual benefits thereto appertaining.